Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Catch Up Pt 2





I made several of these candle holders this Christmas, inspired by a few ideas I saw on Pinterest: jars painted on the inside, and jars surrounded by cinnamon sticks.




When lit, they glow. It's really pretty. 


I intended to make a photo tutorial, but I neglected to take pictures as I went along. And I didn't blog them immediately. My memory isn't perfect, but this is basically what I did:

Materials:

Clean mason jar(s)
Cinnamon sticks
Glue gun and hot glue
Acrylic paint
Paintbrush
Water
Steak Knife

Instructions:
1. Thin the paint slightly by adding a drop of water. Paint the inside of the jar, let dry completely. Repeat until desired opacity/transparency is achieved.
2. Cut each cinnamon stick in half lengthwise. I found the score-and-snap method easiest.
3. Glue cinnamon sticks to the outside of the jar.


These pics are from the first one that I made. I didn't quite have enough cinnamon sticks, so I cut a few into quarters lengthwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment