Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My First Quilt: Part 2

When I started planning this quilt, I knew I couldn't sew a straight line to save my life. I wanted to keep it simple, I wanted to enjoy the process (ha!); which, in my mind, meant not ripping out and redoing every single seam until it was perfect.

I decided on an off-set brick pattern, in order to avoid an almost-four-corners situation. You know, when there's a little jog because (Oops!) Arizona is crooked. And wide seam allowances, so that when I got of course, I could allow for it and hide it.


I wanted the pattern to be somewhat random, but I did not want any one square to touch two squares of the same fabric.



I wanted this (above) as opposed to that (below)


Although based on my sketch, I'm liking the latter better.

Anyway, I cut my fabric (6" x 4" rectangles), drew myself a map and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment