Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Collapsable Shopping Bag






I made this collapsable shopping bag, from One-Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins.

I'm still learning to sew, but this was probably the easiest thing I've made yet, despite the fact that it involved French seams. I didn't need to rip out a single stitch! Minor victories, they matter.



I used this white-on-gray flowered print I got at Crafty Planet years ago, which, coincidentally Hoskins is co-owner. These were originally make-shift curtains in my first apartment.


Make-shift because there was no curtain rod, and it's really hard to put holes in a brick wall. I ended up attaching them with Velcro: one side on the top of the fixture for the blinds, the other side on the curtain. Thankfully, my landlord didn't notice the added velcro when I moved out so I got my full deposit back.


Somehow, every time I hand my husband the camera, pictures of our dog *magically* appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment