Monday, August 5, 2013

It's been a while

Wow, I knew I hadn't blogged in a while, but I didn't realize it had been nearly 5 months. Here is Day 1 of my August resolution to be a better blogger!

When I left off, my husband was fighting an infection (a complication of diabetes) and we were spending a lot of time in hospital waiting rooms. It eventually required minor sugery, but that took care of it. During that time, I finished Cerisara.

         

My swatch grew in length, so I made some adjustments to account for that as I went. The body worked out exactly as I had hoped; however the sleeves didn't grow in the same way, especially after wearing it a few times. They're more or less bracelet length, but I like it. I used Knit Picks Swish DK in Velveteen, it's very warm and soft. It pills, but not terribly. I do need to shave it periodically. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it – non-knitters can't believe that someone could hand-knit this!

No comments:

Post a Comment